the salvage company manifesto
As best we can say...
- We believe that things that have been wrecked can be salvaged. We see the artist as both creator and caretaker, and we choose to practice redemption in our daily work. We are gifted with the ability to make meaning, and we choose to give value to the stories untold and overlooked, that exist all around us.
- We believe that exposing ourselves to the stories of people on the margins increases our capacity to engage with our world. We strive to make this happen in theatrical events. This mission helps uncover the hidden and disassociated parts of ourselves. It is also our surest defense against becoming condescending assholes.
- We believe all creation requires embodiment: consumption, decomposition, reconstitution, and rebirth.
- We believe that the fundamental necessary condition for creation is love.
- We recognize that all human activities involve risk, and the mitigation of risk. We strive to define our risks in relation to achievement of the human spirit, rather than any monetary, numeric, or external standard.
- We demand authenticity from all our participants and contributors.
- We want to feel more deeply than we ever thought possible.
- We want to come into a more nuanced and more sound understanding of the issues in our world.
- We want to compete with Church, Government, and Your Job for a share of your soul’s allegiance because we believe we are returning to you a glimpse of your human nature as independent, abundant and sacrosanct.
- We want to worship something worthy.
- The Salvage Company